As I began to drift into sleep, fragments of my day danced in my mind in the form of random thoughts and momentary visions. The saleswoman in the sandwich bar who looked distressed, my son complaining about his dinner, the dog barking and upsetting the neighbours, the snake I saw slowly crossing the warm tarred road as I had to suddenly brake.
As I tossed and turned and adjusted my pillows, I felt frustrated as fatigue engulfed me yet no relief of a deep sleep seemed imminent.
I called out to my Spirit Guides and Angels for help and advice and I clearly heard the words, 'clear your energy' Could it be that simple? My logical mind began to analyse their suggestion and I had to admit it made perfect sense.
We all have an invisible antenna that is constantly monitoring and absorbing the energy around us, whether we do it consciously or not. Human beings are basically sensitive and we often subliminally take on others feelings, thoughts and vibrations. At the end of a busy day, taking these vibrations to bed with us can surely not be conducive to a sound nights sleep.
That night I listened to a clearing meditation on You Tube and I found I slept deeper than usual. Now I have set up a regular routine that seems to be working.
Integrating energy management practically into our lives seems apt in the 2000's. The last thirty years or so has seen a huge shift in acceptance of spiritual ideas and practices but I intuitively sense that now is the time we are being encouraged to ground and apply spiritual routines
into our daily lives.
Just like brushing our teeth, clearing our energy at night can become a simple routine and an effective way to drift off to our other life of sleep land and recharge our energies on a deeper level.
Listed below are some night time tips. I suggest you experiment with any that appeal to you and work it into your night time routine. If you don't get immediate results, don't despair, it may take a week to adjust to the new energy and for it to integrate. Sweet dreams!
- Lay in bed comfortably, place your hands on your stomach. Breath in until your stomach rises and on the out-breath put the intention that you are releasing any negative energy you have picked up through the day. Repeat several times.
- Use an essential oil that appeals to you, for example lavender oil. Place a few drops on the palms of your hand, breath in the scent, rub your hands together and run your hands through your aura, over your chakra centres, whilst saying the affirmation, 'I now release any negative energy I have picked up today.
- Ask Archangel Michael to cut any cords of toxic energy you have accumulated through out the day.
- Visualise a soft violet light around your bed, see yourself gently breathing in the light as you go to sleep with the intention of releasing old energy on the out-breath.
- Visualise a circle of angels holding hands around your bed and angels stationed at the bedroom door. Ask the angels to remove and unwanted energy from your aura and keep you safe through the night.
- Use a crystal you like, a rose quartz or amethyst is a good choice. (Avoid clear quartz and smoky quartz, they may be too strong for sleep) Cleanse the crystal in salt water. Hold the crystal and say 'I now program this crystal to clear any negative energy I have accumulated today' Place it by your bed. Cleanse the crystal regularly.There are many clearing meditations on you tube and the internet. Experiment with ones that work for you.
- For a particularly heavy day, I have a salt bath before bed with ten drops of lavender. Salt absorbs negative energy. I use the pink Himalayan salt but any salt works. Salt scrubs in the shower are handy too. To make a salt scrub, get a small container, fill it three quarters of the way with salt, use Almond oil to cover it and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. I use rose geranium and lavender. Voila! Gently rub a small amount into the skin and rinse after soaping and rinsing in the shower, avoiding the face. (The shoulders are good to scrub as we often pick up negative energy around the shoulders.)
- Ask your angels to guide you to the perfect evening clearing routine for you. Be creative and experiment, you know yourself better than anyone else, trust your inner wisdom!