Sunday 5 January 2020

Love in the new decade

A new decade is suddenly upon us and there is part of me that feels a little stressed because I am not sure where to place my energy or what are the best intentions to put out for the future.

Then I remember that sometimes the best course of action is to choose to be comfortable in not knowing and stand back and wait for what feels right.

I don't mean we should merge into inertia either but forcing things to please others or because we think we should, and ignoring our intuitive inner guidance smacks of betrayal to ourselves. Disappointing others is inevitable sometimes but at the end of the day, loving ourselves is the best priority we can give, not only to ourselves, but the world at large.  When we feel peace, it shows, it spreads and it heals.

I recently received a newsletter from Author/Speaker Cheryl Richardson talking about New Year resolutions, here is an excerpt;
"What if the only resolution you made was to love yourself more?
It’s a simple idea that cuts through the overwhelm of setting goals, making promises, and worrying about staying on track with traditional resolutions.  You simply consider this:

What do you need to do to love yourself more this year?

As I move into 2020, I know that to love myself more, I need to face the reality that spreading myself thin over too many social interactions, projects, and professional commitments leaves me skimming the surface of life rather than diving in deep.  I want to be present for the people I’m with and I want the things I choose to do to feel meaningful, satisfying and fulfilling. "
As I read this, my 'inner ding' activated and it rang true.  
I am not sure yet exactly what choices I will make this year but I trust that I am guided by a power that resides within and that is who I truly am. If I make it my priority to honour and nurture myself I have no doubt that things will work out exactly as they are meant to.
I encourage you to self love, avoid stress and don't think that you have to move mountains. Stop, self love and then see what feels right.
As the planet and its inhabitants are in a delicate state right now, it's the best gift we can give. Inner peace and self love.
May 2020 be the beginning of something beautiful ! 





2 comments:

  1. How beautiful, and simple. What a great place to start the year from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and may your year ahead be wonderful!

      Delete